ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Q about TSM 6.1 DB and hardware replication

2009-12-16 03:19:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Q about TSM 6.1 DB and hardware replication
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:18:58 +0100
Hi Wanda,

On 15 dec 2009, at 18:40, Wanda Prather wrote:

> In prior TSM server versions, replicating the TSM DB and log using hardware
> replication works fine as long as the DB and log are in a consistency group.
>
> Any issues with hardware replication of the TSM 6.1 DB and log?  With
> appropriate changes to dsmserv.opt, will a DR TSM server be able to open the
> replicated DB and use it?  (Just a little nervous about what all those DB2
> services will think..)

There are some tricks involved in getting db2 to start the database on a server
with a different hostname, but in essence this should not be a problem. DB2 is
supported on HACMP.

I've developed (but not tested yet) a setup for a manual fail-over of TSM 6.1
using LVM mirroring of the database and logs across two sites.

A hint is to look at commands like 'db2 catalog' and look into files as
'db2nodes.cfg'.

I think that the db2 database is more robust, and less likely to be corrupted
after a crash than the old tsm 5 database.

> Any insight appreciated!

Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards,

Remco Post