ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Problems with an incremental backup of a file server

2009-12-14 21:47:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] Problems with an incremental backup of a file server
From: admbackup <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:46:20 -0500
Hi

There is a daily incremental backup with journaling of several units on a file
server.  It has been working pretty well until the server was rebooted during a
backup.

After that, I am receiving the following error messages all the days:

ANS1996W The volume mount points enumeration on 'Z:\' volume failed. Windows
system error code: 665; reason: 'The requested operation could not be completed
due to a file system limitation'.

That message appears for each disk of the server.

The scheduled backup ends with error code 12

Another problem is that the journal service doesnt work properly anymore.  I
try to run it but it crashes after few seconds.  I thought that it was because
the journal databases were corrupted, but that is not the case (I have deleted
and created them again)

Those are some of the parameters of my .opt

TCPWINDOWSIZE 63
TCPBUFFSIZE 32
LARGECOMMBUFFERS NO
TXNBYTELIMIT 25600

subfilebackup yes
subfilecachesize 1024
subfilecachep R:\subfilecache

resourceutilization 10

JournalPipe \\.\pipe\jnldaily2
SNAPSHOTPROVIDERIMAGE   LVSA

traceflags    service
tracefile    R:\trace\trace.out

As I said before, the backup was working pretty well after the reboot of the
server.

It is a Windows 2008 server Service pack 1, 64 bits

And the version of the TSM client is 5.5.2.12