ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Force/purging Domino transaction logs

2009-12-03 17:02:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Force/purging Domino transaction logs
From: Matthew Glanville <matthew.glanville AT KODAK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:01:23 -0500
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> On Dec 3, 2009, at 2:24 PM, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:
>
> > I would assume so, since they roll off/expire after 180-days.
> >
> > How would I check?
>
> I'd give  DOMDSMC Query DBBackup * /INACTive
> a try, and see what it reports.  There may be reclusive stuff or an
> unexpected management class binding & retention policy which is
> keeping the logs from going away.

Yes!  We had this problem once,  solved it by using that command and
finding some really old backups still active.  There were some ancient
*.NTF files that were logged and were hanging on to the *.TXN files in
TSM.  I forget exactly why those *.NTF files were not getting backed up
again, or why they were logged...

Matt Glanville
Eastman Kodak Company