ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] 2nd Instance of TSM

2009-11-26 02:28:25
Subject: [ADSM-L] 2nd Instance of TSM
From: Adrian Compton <acompton AT ASPENPHARMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:05:44 +0200
Hi all

I am considering a 2nd Instance of TSM on the same AIX 5.3 server.
I have a TS3310 tape library with 6 drives, which will obviously have to be
shared with the 1st instance.

I am considering this as I am having a hard time getting all my schedules and
the Administrative tasks completed in a 24hr cycle.
My offsite creates are taking ages and run from 4am until +- 3-4pm not leaving
a large enough window for admin tasks.

Is this a good practice from your previous experiences?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Adrian Compton
Group IT Infrastructure
Pharmacare Limited trading as Aspen Pharmacare
P O Box 4002
Korsten
Port Elizabeth
6014
Switchboard Tel No: +27 (0) 41 407 2111
Tel No: +27 (0) 41 407 2855
Fax: +27 (0) 41 453 7452
Cell: +27 (0) 82 861 7745

Email : acompton AT aspenpharma DOT com   This email is solely for the named
addressee.   Any unauthorised use or interception of this email, or the review,
reliance upon the contents of this email, by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the named addressee please
notify us immediately by way of a reply e-mail, and also delete this email and
any attached files.
Disclaimer:  You must scan this email and any attached files for viruses and/or
any other defects.  Pharmacare Limited accepts no liability for any loss,
damages or consequence, whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic,
however caused, and whether by negligence or otherwise, which may result
directly or indirectly from this communication or of any attached files.