ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Copy Tape pool for a selected set of tapes

2009-11-25 09:38:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Copy Tape pool for a selected set of tapes
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 06:38:07 -0800
Copy tape pools contain all the data of their corresponding primary tape
pool(s). First create  new primary and copy tape pools for this node and
schedule regular backups of the primary pool to the copy pool. Then
create a new management class and set the backup copy group destination
to the primary pool. On the node, assign all the node's data to the new
management class using include statements.

ashish sharma wrote:
Hello,

I have a  primary tapepool which contains data from many nodes. Out of these
nodes , i have some a very critical node for which i need to keep the data
in copy tapepool also. I do now want to backup everything from my tape pool
to copy tape pool but only the data belonging to that particular node. So ,
could you guys help me how can i do this?  How can i selectively create
double copy of data for a single node only . My tsm server version is
5.3.6.0 and client version is 5.3.4.0.

--
Best Regards
Ashish Sharma