ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Copy Tape pool for a selected set of tapes

2009-11-25 09:36:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Copy Tape pool for a selected set of tapes
From: David McClelland <tsm AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 14:35:13 -0000
Storage pool backups take place at the storage pool level - to achieve what
you're after, this node would need to be migrated to its own primary storage
pool hierarchy and a backup storage pool operation run against this.

So, you'd have to: create a new storage pool hierarchy for this node (and
either create a new policy domain or bind this node's backups to a
management class which points incoming data to this storagepool hierarchy);
migrate the node's existing data into this storage pool (a MOVE NODEDATA
operation should do this for you); and then schedule BACKUP STGPOOL
operations between the new primary storagepool(or storage pools - if you're
using DISK and TAPE) and the new copy storagepool.

HTH,

David Mc
London, UK