ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation Processing won't start

2009-11-24 02:14:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Reclamation Processing won't start
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:05:25 -0600
If you are trying to get TSM to move data to a new format of tape, and
it's a different DEVCLASS, then you need to set this up with Migration
rather than Reclamation. It's not difficult to set up, and it's easy to
control. I moved 100tb of data from SDLT to LTO4 mostly by migration,
over a several week period, and it was effortless after I set it up with
schedules to control thresholds etc. There were only a few volumes left
that I had to do MOVE DATA on.

It will still have the effect of reclamation, of squeezing out the holes
left behind by inactive expired files.

               Academic Computing & Communications Center
===== While it may be true that a watched pot never boils, the one =====
==== you don't keep an eye on can make an awful mess of your stove. ====