ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] logpinned

2009-11-11 14:21:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] logpinned
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 11:20:44 -0800
> From what I understand, when you cancel the session, TSM rolls back
the
> transaction.  Sometimes it's quick, sometimes it can take quite a
while.
> but the log won't grow any more from the session while it is rolling
back.

It may well be that the log isn't 'supposed" to grow but that isn't what
I experienced. I ended up halting TSM and restarting as I did not want
to take a chance that it would fill completely even though I do have
headroom to extend the log further.

The administrator of the server tells me he stopped all TSM services
that were running but that didn't seem to cancel the sessions either,
and I thought it would. If it was supposed to then I'd have to question
the system he was on.

Geoff Gill
TSM/PeopleSoft Administrator
SAIC M/S-B1P