ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] logpinned

2009-11-11 14:15:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] logpinned
From: Xav Paice <xpaice AT OSS.CO DOT NZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:13:34 +1300
----- "Geoffrey L. Gill" <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM> wrote:

> For the past 2 days something has been screwing up backups by filling
> the log and this morning I remembered the show logpinned command and
> found the server that is causing it. I've cancelled the session but
> as
> far as I know am at the mercy of TSM to kill it at some point. I
> contacted the administrator and they shut down the services but the
> sessions still seem to hang out there.

Take a look also at the 'show logpinned cancel' command if that's not what you
used to cancel the session - sometimes it's helpful.  If that doesn't work then
halting the server will do the trick, but that's not the most tidy or
convenient way... assuming you're about to run out of log and crash anyway...