ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] logpinned

2009-11-11 13:17:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] logpinned
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:14:16 -0500
>From what I understand, when you cancel the session, TSM rolls back the
transaction.  Sometimes it's quick, sometimes it can take quite a while.
but the log won't grow any more from the session while it is rolling back.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
11/11/2009 12:48 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] logpinned

For the past 2 days something has been screwing up backups by filling
the log and this morning I remembered the show logpinned command and
found the server that is causing it. I've cancelled the session but as
far as I know am at the mercy of TSM to kill it at some point. I
contacted the administrator and they shut down the services but the
sessions still seem to hang out there.

Geoff Gill
TSM/PeopleSoft Administrator

SAIC M/S-B1P

4224 Campus Pt. Ct.

San Diego, CA  92121
(858)826-4062 (office)

(858)412-9883 (blackberry)

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.