ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Client based encryption issues

2009-11-10 09:28:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Client based encryption issues
From: Robert Talda <rpt4 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:27:05 -0500
Right on, Wanda!

We also remind our clients that they can delete the unencrypted versions
stored on the TSM server (using the "Utility -> Delete backupdata" function
in the GUI client) and then run the backup; that way, they can rest assured
that all their sensitive data on the TSM Server is encrypted.  This usually
leads to a larger discussion about just what is stored on the TSM server,
and how, generally to mutual benefit.

--
Robert (Bob) Talda
EZ-Backup Team