ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Undeletable volumes

2009-11-03 05:55:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] Undeletable volumes
From: Richard van Denzel <RDenzel AT SLTN DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 11:54:41 +0100
Hi All,

I have a strange problem on TSM Server 5.5.0.3 running on Windows 2K3.

Yesterday we had a disk crash on the RAID-0 set where the disk storage
pools reside. We had to recreate the RAID-0 on this array, but we are
stuck with several diskpool volumes which are not there anymore.

I started with DEL V <volumename> DISCARDD=yes and after successfully
deleting some volumes the TSM Server seemed to get hung (5 DEL V were
running, but not making any progress). I restarted the TSM Server and
the volumes I already deleted were present again. So I tried to delete
one of those volumes and TSM seemed to get stuck again.

How do I get rid of those volumes without TSM getting hung? Should an
AUDITDB do the trick?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Richard van Denzel