ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Performance and migration: AIX vs Linux

2009-10-27 02:28:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Performance and migration: AIX vs Linux
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 07:27:18 +0100
On 27 okt 2009, at 01:09, Steven Harris wrote:

Allen,

I see your point on the hardware side, but what about all the various
flaky driver issues with Linux.  Would it be reasonable to consider
Intel/Solaris to get an industrial strength OS on commodity hardware?

and you thought that solarisX86 didn't have any flaky driver issues?
If you'd ask me, you're more likely to run into driver issues on
Solaris/X86 than on Linux. Of course, with Linux, you do have to run
the exact same kernel release as is supported and not be like may
geeks and build your own kernel "because you can"....

Where's AIX for Intel when you need it!

dead and buried...

Regards

Steve