ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM journaling

2009-10-26 11:24:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM journaling
From: David McClelland <tsm AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 15:21:10 -0000
If nobody has pointed it out already, perhaps this is the article that
you're looking for:

Steps required to setup the TSM Journaling Service in a MSCS environment
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=1019&context=SSSQWC&context=SSG
SG7&q1=Journal+Service+Cluster&uid=swg21167834&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

I've worked with TSM Journalling in MSCS clusters in the past, and it's
*okay* on the whole, but I'd recommend some good monitoring to make sure the
journal service is up/running as expected, and also to run a non-journalled
backup at intervals (e.g. once a week, once a month perhaps - iirc the
option '-nojournal' might be your friend here) using MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP
YES as Mr Coles suggests.

HTH,

/David Mc
London, UK