ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Will db2sysc ever calm down?

2009-10-19 14:08:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Will db2sysc ever calm down?
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:07:43 -0700
Do you see anything suspicious in your activity log or db2diag.log?

Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU wrote:
Today I found my 6.1.2 Linux server non-responsive.

Had to kill -9 the dsmserv process. Restarted it.

The TSM server was non-usable for more than 2-hours while the db2sysc
flogged the processor and hard-drives.

After I was able to sign-in and things got rolling, I "started" a manual
backup stgpool.

By "starting" I mean I issued the command and have been waiting for over
an hour and still no tape mount or sign of any activity other than db2sysc
going balisting again, eating most memory (8GB) and CPU!

Any hopes for a 6.1.3 to address some of these issues?  I realize a new
beta is starting, but, some of these problems are still preventing me from
making serious use of V6?

-- Foege Building S048, (206)-685-7354