ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] snapdiff

2009-10-12 08:46:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] snapdiff
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:44:47 +0200
Andy,

thanks. I'm aware of the official support issue, I'll urge the
customer to upgrade the servers to 5.5.

On 12 okt 2009, at 14:38, Andrew Raibeck wrote:

The "Migrating from earlier versions" section near the beginning of
the
client manual discusses the topic of which servers are supported
with the
5.5 client (5.5 or 6.1). Alternatively see
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21053218

In theory the SnapDiff functionality should work with a 5.4 server
(we are
not aware of any feature-wise limitations in this regard). However,
as the
above item will indicate, 6.1 client and 5.4 server is not an
officially
supported configuration.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 10/12/2009
06:46:53 AM:

[image removed]

Re: snapdiff

Remco Post