ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] instrumentation for the server?

2009-10-12 08:04:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] instrumentation for the server?
From: km <km AT GROGG DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:58:58 +0200
Hello,

I am currently analyzing a TSM server which uses 100% CPU on 4 cores
when doing client backups. Almost all of it is privileged times, but
there are very few IO's and low disk queues for both stgpools, db and log.

Are there any trace flags similar to the client testflag instrument:detail
but for the server that will allow me to see what the server is spending
time on?

I've been looking in the problem determination guide but cant find any
flag similar to instrument_detail except for 'instr' which isnt documented
and only gives me DB LATCHes.

-km