ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.4 or 6.1

2009-10-10 11:04:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.4 or 6.1
From: "John D. Schneider" <john.schneider AT COMPUTERCOACHINGCOMMUNITY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 08:03:11 -0700
Mehdi,
  I forgot to speak to your second solution.  If you read the ADSM-L
listserv regularly, you will probably know that customers are still
having significant problems in TSM 6.1.  Unless you really need a 6.1
feature and just can't wait, you are probably better off staying on the
more stable versions.
  We still have a group of ten TSM 5.4.3 servers (running on AIX 5.3) in
production, and together they back up about 15TB a day, and they are
extremely solid and reliable.   So even though some people just have to
be on the latest version because it makes them feel like studs, I will
choose proven and reliable any day.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
The Computer Coaching Community, LLC
Office: (314) 635-5424 / Toll Free: (866) 796-9226
Cell: (314) 750-8721