ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.4 or 6.1

2009-10-10 09:39:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.4 or 6.1
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:37:59 -0400
An obvious, major consideration for your customer is that AIX 5.2 is
out of support:
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/support/systemsp/lifecycle/
This may leave them at jeopardy for security problems, and make it
difficult to add new hardware.

   Richard Sims

On Oct 10, 2009, at 9:04 AM, Mehdi Salehi wrote:

One of our customers is planning to buy TSM for their AIX 5.2
systems. The
problem is that the newest version of TSM what supports  AIX 5.2 is
TSM 5.4.
Two solutions:
- upgrade AIX systems to 5.3 or 6.1
- forget about TSM 6.1 and use TSM 5.4
You know the application side people are unwilling to move their
environment. I am looking for convincing highlights to motivate
them to
upgrade their operating systems instead of downgrading TSM side. What
features of TSM 6.1 do you think could be interesting from
executive's point
of view?