ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Exclude DB2 folders from TSM server backup?

2009-10-07 12:56:36
Subject: [ADSM-L] Exclude DB2 folders from TSM server backup?
From: TSM List Server Mailbox <wheda.tsm AT WHEDA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:54:37 -0500
Hello... should the TSM client on my TSM server be instructed to exclude
the various folders used by the DB2 database?  Such as
C:\TSMData\DB001\...\*, or D:\TSMData\ActLog\...\*, or
E:\TSMData\ArcLog\...\*.

The client is not automatically excluding these, and they do not fail to
backup (not locked.)  But they are redundant, and I assume that restoring
them is not a legitimate way to restore the TSM database.

Thanks... Ken

Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority