ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM client for Windows v6.x: what are IBM's plans for Java support?

2009-09-30 15:09:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM client for Windows v6.x: what are IBM's plans for Java support?
From: Robert Talda <rpt4 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:08:23 -0400
Folks:
  We are working on rolling out the TSM client for Windows v6 to our campus,
anticipating the eventual Windows 7 landslide that is going to hit.

  A major concern: as IBM is now delivering its own JRE as part of the
client, how is IBM planning to maintain the JRE, in light of the all-too
frequent Java security issues that require patching (for example, Apple has
just released 2 Java updates in the span of a couple of months, one of which
broke the TSM for Mac client v5.5).

  Has anyone heard from IBM on their plans to release JRE fixes?