ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Per terabyte licensing

2009-09-28 13:06:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Per terabyte licensing
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 18:01:30 +0100
My Tivoli S/W rep here in the UK is happy to sell by PVU or per TB.

It sounds like it's not quite made it over the water yet.

Steven Langdale
Global Information Services
EAME SAN/Storage Planning and Implementation
( Phone : +44 (0)1733 584175
( Mob: +44 (0)7876 216782
ü Conference: +44 (0)208 609 7400 Code: 331817
+ Email: steven.langdale AT cat DOT com

"John D. Schneider" <john.schneider AT COMPUTERCOACHINGCOMMUNITY DOT COM>
28/09/2009 15:38
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] Per terabyte licensing

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 28/10/2009

Duane,
    I asked our TSM rep this question, and he asked Ron Broucek, the
North America Tivoli Storage Software Sales Leader.  His response was:

"just a rumor at this time as we occasionally evaluate pricing
strategies to make sure we're delivering the right value in the
marketplace.
Ron Broucek
North America Tivoli Storage Software Sales Leader"

So if he says it is just a rumor, then how do you know IBM is offering
both?  Do you have this from a reliable source within IBM?

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
The Computer Coaching Community, LLC
Office: (314) 635-5424 / Toll Free: (866) 796-9226
Cell: (314) 750-8721