ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] [TSM] Client Options Set - A bit confuse

2009-09-17 20:14:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] [TSM] Client Options Set - A bit confuse
From: Erwann Simon <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 02:12:47 +0200
Flavio,

For testing and validating purposes, consider using the "dsmc preview" command.

Also, keep in mind that the force parameter can be specified for inclexcl clauses in an option set but does not have any effect on the way the rules are applied. Documentation says that the force options are ignored for additive option such as inclexcl or domain.

Note that I verified on a 5.5.3.0 server on Linux x86 and Windows x86, and the def clientopt help is poor on Linux regarding the on on Windows.

--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON

Flavio Junior a écrit :
Well..
A new problem comes up to my setup..

This is how I'd setup my clientopt set:
# Client opt definitions
define clientopt oddie compression no force=yes
define clientopt oddie subdir yes force=yes
define clientopt oddie dirmc DIRETORIOS force=yes

# Includes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /projetosfechados/.../*
1Ver3Anos" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /arquivodigital/.../*
1Ver3Anos" force=yes

define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /backups/* 7Ver3Anos" force=yes

define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /backups/databases/*
14Ver3Anos" force=yes

define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /projetos/.../* 3Anos" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /plotagem/.../* 3Anos" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /imagens/.../* 3Anos" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /home/.../* 3Anos" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /sharedadm/.../* 3Anos" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /sharedprod/.../* 3Anos" force=yes

define clientopt oddie inclexcl "exclude.dir
/backups/backup_mail/mailman/" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "exclude.dir
/backups/backup_mail/vmail/" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "exclude.dir /.../*" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "exclude.dir /*" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "exclude /.../*" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "exclude /*" force=yes

#### How client shows q inclexcl:
tsm> q inclexcl
*** FILE INCLUDE/EXCLUDE ***
Mode Function  Pattern (match from top down)  Source File
---- --------- ------------------------------ -----------------
No exclude filespace statements defined.
Excl Directory /*                             Server
Excl Directory /.../*                         Server
Excl Directory /backups/backup_mail/vmail/    Server
Excl Directory /backups/backup_mail/mailman/  Server
Excl Directory /.../.TsmCacheDir              TSM
Exclude All       /*                             Server
Exclude All       /.../*                         Server
Include All       /sharedprod/.../*              Server
Include All       /sharedadm/.../*               Server
Include All       /home/.../*                    Server
Include All       /imagens/.../*                 Server
Include All       /plotagem/.../*                Server
Include All       /projetos/.../*                Server
Include All       /backups/databases/*           Server
Include All       /backups/*                     Server
Include All       /arquivodigital/.../*          Server
Include All       /projetosfechados/.../*        Server
No DFS include/exclude statements defined.
tsm>

####

But, when I run "dsmc incremental", ALL filesystem's is backed up or
at least create filespaces...

How can I say to TSM only backup (create filespace) for those
"includes" directories ?

I'm afraid that my schedule client task, defined as
"action=incremental" will create a FULL backup from node, that is not
the intention...

Thanks again, in advance :)

--

Flávio do Carmo Júnior aka waKKu