ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Apple Snow Leopard (MacOS X 10.6) - and Win7 too!

2009-09-17 10:43:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Apple Snow Leopard (MacOS X 10.6) - and Win7 too!
From: Roger Deschner <rogerd AT UIC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:41:16 -0500
It appears to be same the situation for Windows 7, as well. IBM now
explicitly says the current TSM client versions are not supported on
Windows 7, though I can say that 5.5.2 "appeared to work" on 7beta.

We're going to have a whole bunch of Snow Leapord and Win7 users this
fall. When you go to your local store in just a couple of weeks, that's
all you're going to see to buy - Macs with 10.6 and Windows boxes with
7. Apple and MS have been duking it out in TV commercials for a while,
creating demand for both OSs. We can't say "no" to these users - they're
going to show up with these systems and demand to be backed up.

================= "If it wasn't for the last minute... =================