ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Apple Snow Leopard (MacOS X 10.6)

2009-09-16 17:44:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Apple Snow Leopard (MacOS X 10.6)
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 23:44:10 +0200
On 16 sep 2009, at 23:28, Paul Zarnowski wrote:

What are other Mac sites doing about backing up their Snow Leopard
systems?  Has anyone done more thorough testing?

I hadn't even considered that IBM would not support 10.6 until month
after release to the public (apple releases developer versions of the
OS for a reason) thanks for reminding me. I just upgraded one of my
systems today. It appears to properly backup using the 6.1 TSM client.

Can someone from TSM Development tell us whether there are known
problems
backing up Snow Leopard with the current versions of TSM?

Given that there are about 0 new features in 10.6 (according to
apple), I don't expect that IBM will have to change anything in the
TSM client. Apple even forgot to use zfs as an option for the root
filesystem.... Anyway, I guess we'll have to wait for IBM to finish
testing the client on MacOS X.6 to formally state that it is supported.

Thanks all.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post
r.post AT plcs DOT nl