ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Erro - backup of the client Linux

2009-09-10 20:41:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Erro - backup of the client Linux
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:40:36 -0400
I don't quite understand the problem being described, but a couple of
things to add to what Richard said:

- If you do not exclude a file or directory from backup, then it is
implicitly included. If you want to include some file or directories for
backup, and exclude everything else, then you need to specify something
like this:

   exclude *
   include /dir1/.../*
   include /dir2/.../*
   include /home/andy/.../*

- The "exclude" statement excludes file objects from backup, but directory
objects are still backed up. For example:

   exclude /home/andy/.../*

excludes all files in /home/andy, but backs up directory entries
under /home/andy such as /home/andy/dir1, /home/andy/dir2,
and /home/andy/temp

To prevent the backup of everything in /home/andy, including directory
entries, do this:

   exclude.dir /home/andy

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2009-09-10
18:15:09: