ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] System Volume INformation

2009-09-10 04:14:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] System Volume INformation
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:12:52 +0100
Yudi

By default, the windows BA client will exclude SOME of the data in this
path for ANY drive.  Is the whole lot being excluded?

You could try putting in an explicit include as a test.

Steven

Steven Langdale
Global Information Services
EAME SAN/Storage Planning and Implementation
( Phone : +44 (0)1733 584175
( Mob: +44 (0)7876 216782
ü Conference: +44 (0)208 609 7400 Code: 331817
+ Email: steven.langdale AT cat DOT com

Yudi Darmadi <yudi AT NIAGAPRIMA DOT COM>
10/09/2009 07:20
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] System Volume INformation

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 10/10/2009

Hi guys,

I'm using a flashcopy method to backup my vm machine, include the
Operating
System (Drive C). So i take a flashcopy of the vm, mounting it to my TSM
Server and archive all the mounted drive. But the "System volume
Information
files" are always missed, as far as i knew i should archive it in order to
make the data retrieveable & the windows startable (i never try restore
without the system vol information files).
In dsm.opt, the syst vol inforation is not excluded.

Best Regards,

Yudi Darmadi
PT Niagaprima Paramitra
Jl. KH Ahmad Dahlan No.25  Kebayoran Baru, Jakarta Selatan 12130
Phone: 021-72799949; Fax: 021-72799950; Mobile: 081905530830
http://www.niagaprima.com