ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problems backing up a MSSQL database.

2009-09-03 11:23:57
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problems backing up a MSSQL database.
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:22:43 -0400
Hi Allen,

DP/SQL issues the "Waiting for Sql server..." message when it is
waiting for a SQL Server API to return for more than a few seconds.
DP/SQL cannot run a backup until that API call returns.

1. Take a look at the SQL Server log to see if it reveals anything.

2. Take a look at the Application Event Log to see if it complains.

3. If you have the space, try using the internal SQL Server tool for
   running a FULL backup.

4. Turn on DP/SQL tracing (add -TRACEFLAG=SERVICE -TRACEFILE=TRACE.TXT)
   to the command-line invocation of the backup.
   This will show you which SQL Server API is hanging.

If the steps above reveal nothing, you should call support.
Getting a trace to them will reveal where the hangup is.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/03/2009
10:24:22 AM: