ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Daily TSM maintenance schedules

2009-08-28 13:36:28
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Daily TSM maintenance schedules
From: "Sergio O. Fuentes" <sfuentes AT UMD DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:34:48 -0400
Hmm..  seems like I'm not explaining the my whole story here.  The purpose for
this tinkering of admin schedules is to be as efficient as possible so I'm
examining the repercussions of adjusting the expiration schedule.  We do in
fact have a larger SATA pool we use for storing about a week's worth of backup
data.  In addition to that, a few of our retention policies limit backup
versions to only 2 or 7 versions.  Given these parameters, there may be
instances where there is expired data on the SATA pools (devclass file).  I'm
trying to avoid data movement (SATA to SATA or SATA to TAPE) of expired data
which may still be processed if expire inventory has not yet run.  Seems like
there would be little benefit in doing so.  However, we may be running into a
situation from noon to 5pm where the only thing I will be allowed to do is
reclamations or expirations.  Which is why I wanted to do migrations last.
Well, back to the drawing board.

SF