ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Can we use TSM for oracle database backup without using RMAN

2009-08-28 13:10:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Can we use TSM for oracle database backup without using RMAN
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <Richard.Mochnaczewski AT STANDARDLIFE DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:08:44 -0400
Depending on your database requirements and availability, you can also shut
down the database and backup the flat files ( not an export )  using the backup
client. We do this if we want to move a database to another server relatively
quickly . This method only works if your Oracle is using flat file and not
logical volumes.

Rich