ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Windows TSM server 6.1.2.0 after clean install : ANR2968E Database backup terminated. DB2 sqlcode: -2033.

2009-08-26 06:25:43
Subject: [ADSM-L] Windows TSM server 6.1.2.0 after clean install : ANR2968E Database backup terminated. DB2 sqlcode: -2033.
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT ITAA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:24:49 +0200
I have done a clean install of the 64bit windows version of 64bit TSM
6.1.2.0 on Windows 2008 DC +sp1 + windows patches
After I do a minimal setup of the server instance I am able to connect
to the instance using TSMmanager.
When I set the dbrecovery option to the default file device class I
should be able to backup the TSM database with the 'ba db type=full
devcass=FILEDEV1' command (FILEDEV1 is the name of the default file
device class with TSM 6.1.2.0)

However, what happens is this ;

08/26/2009 12:11:29  ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: BACKUP
DB
                      type=full devclass=filedev1  (SESSION: 12)

08/26/2009 12:11:29  ANR4559I Backup DB is in progress. (SESSION: 12)

08/26/2009 12:11:29  ANR0984I Process 3 for DATABASE BACKUP started in
the
                      BACKGROUND at 12:11:29. (SESSION: 12, PROCESS: 3)

08/26/2009 12:11:29  ANR2280I Full database backup started as process 3.

                      (SESSION: 12, PROCESS: 3)

08/26/2009 12:11:29  ANR0405I Session 12 ended for administrator ADMIN
(WinNT).
                      (SESSION: 12)

08/26/2009 12:11:30  ANR2968E Database backup terminated. DB2 sqlcode:
-2033.
                      DB2 sqlerrmc: 406. (SESSION: 12, PROCESS: 3)

08/26/2009 12:11:30  ANR0985I Process 3 for DATABASE BACKUP running in
the
                      BACKGROUND completed with completion state FAILURE
at
                      12:11:30. (SESSION: 12, PROCESS: 3)

Here :
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6/index.jsp?topic=/com
.ibm.itsm.messages.doc/msgs2417.html

I find this information ;

===============================

ANR2968E: Database backup terminated. DB2 sqlcode: sqlcode. DB2
sqlerrmc: sqlerrmc.
Explanation
DB2(r) detected a problem during the backup operation. Sources of the
problem might include:

   1. Tivoli(r) Storage Manager API configuration errors for the DB2
instance in which the Tivoli Storage Manager server database resides.
   2. An error related to the DB2 backup operation.
   3. Errors related to the target backup device.

System action

The database backup is terminated.
User response

If the message indicates DB2 sqlcode 2033, then the problem is probably
the Tivoli Storage Manager API configuration. The DB2 instance uses the
Tivoli Storage Manager API to copy the Tivoli Storage Manager
database-backup image to the Tivoli Storage Manager server-attached
storage devices. Common sqlerrmc codes include:

   1. 50 - To determine whether an error created the API timeout
condition, look for any Tivoli Storage Manager server messages that
occurred during the database-backup process and that were issued before
ANR2968E. Ensure that the Tivoli Storage Manager API options file has
the correct TCPSERVERADDR and TCPPORT options specified for the Tivoli
Storage Manager server being backed up. If the option settings are
wrong, correct them for the DB2 instance.
   2. 53 - Ensure that the NODENAME option in the Tivoli Storage Manager
API options files is set to $$_TSMDBMGR_$$.
   3. 106 - Ensure that the DB2 Instance DSMI_DIR environment variable
is pointing to the location of the Tivoli Storage Manger API executables
and the dsm.sys configuration file. If the DSMI_DIR setting is wrong,
correct it for the DB2 instance, and then restart the DB2 instance.
   4. 137 - Ensure that the DB2-instance DSMAPIPW command was run and
that it specified nodename $$_TSMDBMGR_$$ and the password TSMDBMGR.
   5. 400 - Ensure that the options specified in the Tivoli Storage
Manager API options file are valid.
   6. 406 - Ensure that the DB2 instance owner has at least read access
to the Tivoli Storage Manger API options file. Ensure that the
DB2-instance DSMI_CONFIG environment variable is pointing to a valid
options file for the Tivoli Storage Manager API. If the DSMI_CONFIG
setting is wrong, correct it for the DB2 instance, and then restart the
DB2 instance.
   7. For descriptions of other sqlerrmc values, look in the dsmrc.h
file that is installed with the Tivoli Storage Manager API.

If this message is issued with a DB2 sqlcode that is not 2033, then look
for more information about the error by opening a DB2 command-line
processor window and typing: ? SQLsqlcode. For example, db2 => ? sql2428

===============================

I have the 406 error but I cannot figure out what exactly IBM wants me
to do to fix this problem.
I don't have ANY DB2 knowledge.

My questions ;

>> Ensure that the DB2 instance owner has at least read access to the
Tivoli Storage Manger API options file.

What is the name and location of this file?

>> Ensure that the DB2-instance DSMI_CONFIG environment variable is
pointing to a valid options file for the Tivoli Storage Manager API.

Where and how do I set this environment variable?

>> If the DSMI_CONFIG setting is wrong, correct it for the DB2 instance,
and then restart the DB2 instance.

Where do I check what the current setting is?

Regards,

  Stefan