ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Administrative roles in the ISC 6.1 ISC

2009-08-24 16:31:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Administrative roles in the ISC 6.1 ISC
From: Carol Trible <trible AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:31:38 -0700
To adminster TSM, an ID needs the tsmAdministrator or tsmUser role, these
roles are currently identical.  The TSM_AdminCenter group has the
tsmAdministrator role. This is all an id needs if it is just going to be
used to administer TSM
The reportAdministrator and reportUser are Tivoli  Common Reporting roles,
and there are groups with the same roles, and at least one of these roles
is required to use Tivoli Common reporting.
 The iscadmins role gives the authority to create id and groups, and assign
IDs to groups, but not roles, so if you create groups with the roles you
want, an id with iscadmins role (or in a group with that role), can create
new ids and assign them to a group with the roles you want.
 The adminsecuritymanager role will allow the creation of ids and the
assignment of roles.
 There is some help on the Page help link on the panel to add group or user
roles.  There is some additional information on the roles here :

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ae/ae/rsec_adminroles.html

Carol Trible
 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Development
 trible AT us.ibm DOT com

Wanda !!!!
If you are clueless, where does that leave the rest of us?  We depend on
you to lead us out of the bowels of backups - navigating the good ship
TSM.  How can we continue??? Where do we go?????

Help - Richard, you are our last hope!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOHHH NNOOOO, I feel the darkness of tar curling around my ankles.
Cpio is just around the corner....waiting to snare us in an evil trap.
Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggg!

Neil Strand
Storage Engineer - Legg Mason
Baltimore, MD.
(410) 580-7491
Whatever you can do or believe you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic.