ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP-SQL retention settings for a legacy full/diff setup

2009-08-18 12:37:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP-SQL retention settings for a legacy full/diff setup
From: Mark Yakushev <barsik AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:33:31 -0700
The retention policy for backups to IBM Tivoli Storage Manager should be
enforced by time period. Take a look at the "Backing up Microsoft SQL
Server with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager" redbook -
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/SG246148.html

You may need to define the copy group with the following parameters:

verexists=nolimit verdeleted=nolimit retextra=30 retonly=90

Regards,

Mark