ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Nested SQL?

2009-08-11 08:53:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Nested SQL?
From: "Loon, EJ van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:50:30 +0200
Hi David!
Thank you very much for your reply!
I already have a similar SQL statement currently running in TSMOR. The
only difference is that I'm not using node_name like. I use the
node_name hardcoded (node_name = 'nodename') to prevent TSM from having
to go through the complete backup table. This table has node_name as an
index, so when I issue your command on my server, it runs for half a
day...
The solution I am looking for is an SQL statement which does not only
list the amount of obsolete backup objects, but also the amount, sorted
on the first 5 characters of the filename (substr(ll_name,1,5)), which
is the Oracle database SID.
So the most ideal SQL should report the amount of obsolete object per
node per database SID. I haven't been able to figure it out yet...
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines