ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.x Library Manager - Support 5.x Server clients?

2009-08-10 12:20:11
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.x Library Manager - Support 5.x Server clients?
From: Eric Thompson <ethompson AT ITLIFELINE DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 09:17:45 -0700
We have approx. 12 TSM Server 5.4.2.0 instances, all being managed by a
single TSM Server / Library Manager also 5.4.2.0

We'd like to add a new TSM 6.x server instance into the environment.

My assumption is that the 6.x server instance cannot be managed by the
current 5.4.2.0 library manager.

Can we upgrade the current library manager to 6.x and will it then be
able to manage the new 6.x server instance and the existing 5.4.2.0
instances?

Can a TSM 6.x Library Manager manage 5.x TSM server instances / clients?

Thanks.

Eric