ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Backup Stgpool using 2 drives taking too long

2009-08-03 14:36:33
Subject: [ADSM-L] Backup Stgpool using 2 drives taking too long
From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 11:34:51 -0700
Hi list,

The environment is TSM Server 5.5 running on a Windows 2003 box with a IBM
ULT3580-TD4 SCSI (2 drives) connected.

There is a backup stgpool process running on background for more than 12 hours
(several schedules were missed during this time).

The process is using both drives, one reading the data and the other writing,
as expected. The problem is that, at some point, both drives stay IDLE for more
than 20 minutes...then start reading/writing again (for a short time I might
add).

The process would be long over by now if this was not happening...what could be
wrong and how can I put the drives to work non-stop, if possible...??

Any process that uses both drives in this fashion, like an EXPORT for example,
is behaving the same way...

Thanks

Mario