ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Data checksumming?

2009-07-31 15:55:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Data checksumming?
From: Michael Glad <glad AT CS.AU DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 21:54:09 +0200
Skylar Thompson wrote:
Wanda Prather wrote:

My understanding of the function is that if you turn on CRCDATA=YES, TSM
creates the checksum and saves it in the DB.  To detect a problem, you then
need to run an AUDIT on the volumes.

Interesting. Do you know the impact on DB size that it has?

-- Foege Building S048, (206)-685-7354
[ Thank you to all for all the answers to my question. ]

I just found the page

It states that checksums are stored with the data on-disk  and not in
the DB.

-- Michael