ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Thumbs up/down for a new install for TSM 6.1 on Windows?

2009-07-31 14:24:50
Subject: [ADSM-L] Thumbs up/down for a new install for TSM 6.1 on Windows?
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:24:06 -0400
Looking for opinions...

I'm about to install a TSM server for a new customer who has never had TSM
before.
Very standard TSM config -

   - Plenty powerful Windows host
   - 100 mostly windows clients, back up to diskpool, migrate to 3592 tape
   drives, copy to 3592 tape and vault.
   - 2 TB of disk for diskpool, DB, logs if I need it.
   - No need for backupsets.

I know there are still folks reporting problems with the TSM for Linux
server, and conversion of existing 5.X DB's is non-trivial.

But I haven't seen anything in the TSM flashes & open APARS to think I'm
taking much of a risk installing TSM 6.1 + patch on Windows.
And it will save them the grief of doing the upgrade a year from now.

What does the ADSM-L world think?

Thanks for any input