ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Fastback for Windows VM's....

2009-07-30 13:42:36
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Fastback for Windows VM's....
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:41:07 -0400
Anybody implemented Fastback for Windows VMWare guests?

Am I correct that it would eliminate the need to use VCB?  If Fastback can
do full system restores (aka BMR on a physical machine) I wouldn't need to
create fullvm snapshots of the guests, right?

Anybody tried a Fastback full system restore on a VMware guest?

Is there a different forum for Fastback that would be better than ADSM-L, or
do we attribute the lack of Fastback chatter on this forum to slow adoption
of the product?

Thanks
Wanda