ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] node pwd in registry disappeared

2009-07-28 11:00:39
Subject: [ADSM-L] node pwd in registry disappeared
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:58:44 -0400
Windows2003 Enterprise x64,  TSM 5.5.1, TDP 5.3.3.0

We had a situation where one of our SQLServer's TDP backups stopped working on
a certain day and when I investigated, I discovered that the registry key that
holds the nodename/pwd for the TDP node had disappeared from the registry.  I
cant find any tsm or Windows logs that would point to why this happened.

Has anyone seen this behavior before, or have any ideas on how to track down
what caused this?

Thanks,

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, Windows
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm