ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TS3200 library encryption

2009-07-22 20:46:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TS3200 library encryption
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 20:45:36 -0400
Neil,

This is from the TS3200 setup and operator guide:

The LTO Ultrium 4 Tape Drive supports host Application Managed Encryption
(AME), Library Managed Encryption (LME), and System Managed Encryption
(SME), using T10 encryption methods, for SAS and Fibre Channel drives only.
Data
encryption is supported with LTO Ultrium 4 Data Cartridges only. Encryption
is
also supported with library firmware version 4.0 or higher.