ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP full-diff backups of SQLServer

2009-07-20 11:35:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP full-diff backups of SQLServer
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 11:34:02 -0400
Hi Steve,

Yes.. they could potentially step on each other.
DIFFERENTIAL backups are based on the previous FULL.
If you have multiple entities (TSM and native tools) taking
FULL and DIFFERENTIAL backups, they won't know about each other and
your restores could get messy because you may need to use a
combination of both to get what you want.

BTW.. if you are using DP/SQL with SQL Server 2008,
please upgrade to DP/SQL 5.5.2.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/20/2009
11:07:14 AM: