ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VTL setups

2009-07-16 07:54:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VTL setups
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 07:53:51 -0400
We have an IBM TS7520 HA VTL.  On one side, we have two virtual libraries
defined, one with 31 drives and the other with 15 drives.  On the other side,
we have a singe virtual library with 79 drives defined.  These correspond
roughly to the number of concurrent sessions we have running in each
storagepool.  Hmm, guess it time to define some more drives.

David

>>> "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM> 7/15/2009 6:11 PM >>>
For those with VTL's can you give me an idea of how many tape drives you
have defined? I'm listening to the vendors setup ideas and it seems to
me the 10 tape drives they want to define for TSM sure seems like a low
number when you take into consideration all the things that need to be
done and keeping in mind the disk storage pool goes away and every
backup now goes to tape.

I'd sure like to hear what sort of things you had to do to make things
run smooth. I didn't recommend getting the one we have and certainly
haven't heard anything good about it here or elsewhere.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator