ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Replacing tape drives (or "there has to be a better way")

2009-07-13 09:38:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Replacing tape drives (or "there has to be a better way")
From: "Tchuise, Bertaut" <BTchuise AT LMUS.LEGGMASON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:37:17 -0400
Zoltan,

You don't need to delete and redefine all connections to the drive being
replaced. All you need to do before a drive change is to make sure that
the drive is not used and that you take the path to the drive offline.
Once IBM replaces the drive (using the same S/N as the replaced drive),
you should take the path to the drive back online - that's all I ever
needed to do during our drive replacements - btw our drives are defined
with the element=autodetect parameter.

I hope all works out.

BERTAUT TCHUISE
Storage Support Administrator