ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TDP Exchange error. Unable to recognize Exchange server

2009-07-13 09:28:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] TDP Exchange error. Unable to recognize Exchange server
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:27:49 -0400
Windows 2008 64-bit

Exchange 2007

TSM client 5.5.2.0

TDP Exchange 5.5.1.0

Never seen this one before. I am able to install and customize the TDP agent
and run commands like QUERY TSM, QUERY TDP, but when I try QUERY EXCHANGE
all I get is:

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange>tdpexcc query exchange

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail:

Data Protection for Microsoft Exchange Server

Version 5, Release 5, Level 1.0

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1998, 2008. All rights reserved.

ACN5057I The C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\TDPExchange\tdpexc.log log file has
bee

n pruned successfully.

Unable to obtain the Microsoft Exchange version running on your system.

Microsoft Exchange 2003 is being assumed.  Unexpected results may occur.

Querying Exchange Server to gather storage group information, please wait...

ACN5241E The Microsoft Exchange Information Store is currently not running.

Bill Boyer

"He who laughs last probably made a back-up." Murphy's law of computing