ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ODBC with TSM 6.1 (DB2)

2009-07-09 11:07:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ODBC with TSM 6.1 (DB2)
From: Mikael Lindstrom <Mikael.Lindstrom AT SE.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:05:12 +0200
Hi, found this, hope it will help

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/tivolistoragemanager/TSM+V6.1+Mining+the+Database+Using+ODBC+or+Other+Connectors

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them" - Albert Einstein

Nicholas Rodolfich <NRodolfich AT CMAONTHEWEB DOT COM>
2009-07-09 16:33
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] ODBC with TSM 6.1 (DB2)

Hello All,

Thanks for your help!!

Prior to TSM 6.1 IBM supplied n ODBC driver that was quite useful using
Excel as a front end. I am a UNIX guy but are found the Excel method very
useful in TSM instance analysis. I need the same capabilities for TSM 6.1
but cannot seem to get it to work. The only instructions I can find for
using the DB2 ODBC CLI are for Unix systems. I only wish there was a
comparable UNIX to do this with.

Can anyone shed any light on how to install and configure this to work
with
Excel?

Regards,

Nicholas

Såvida annat inte anges ovan: / Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM Svenska AB
Organisationsnummer: 556026-6883
Adress: 164 92 Stockholm