ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Disk full error while restoring but there is enough space

2009-06-28 09:19:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Disk full error while restoring but there is enough space
From: John Underdown <JohnUnderdown AT SYNOVUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:13:49 -0400
this is only a guess, but i've seen this error when running a restore with an
user account that didn't have write permissions to the volume.

>>> admbackup <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM> 06/28/09 2:30 AM >>>
Hi.

I am having a problem making a restore in an AIX server.

I performed a full backup last week of a fs. Then the data in that fs were
deleted

This weekend I tried to perform a restore using the data of that full backup in
the same fs, in the same server but I got an error message that the disk is
full.  This is very weird because it is only 18GB and there is more than enough
free space (23GB)

I have validated that it is not a disk problem or an storage problem.

Any idea of what is happening?

|This was sent by cyoshida AT its-csi.com DOT pe via Backup Central.

NOTICE: This communication is intended only for the person or
entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential,
proprietary, and/or privileged material. Unless you are the
intended addressee, any review, reliance, dissemination,
distribution, copying or use whatsoever of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please reply
immediately and delete the material from all computers. Email sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not use email to send us
confidential information such as credit card numbers, PIN numbers,
passwords, Social Security Numbers, Account numbers, or other
important and confidential information.