ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] File Device class question

2009-06-18 14:18:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] File Device class question
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:14:32 +0200
On 18 jun 2009, at 19:50, Rodney Luk wrote:

Hi,

Our 3584 library, it holds 270 tapes, is full because we keep our
exchange backup forever.

keeping a backup forever? IMNSHO this must be a mistake. Your problem
can only really be solved by changing this policy.

I had to checkout some tapes for onsite storage. However, we come to
the point that it makes reclamation very inefficiency since tapes
are not in the library. I am thinking to create a new Domain and
move some nodes to the new domain. Create a FILE class pool on disk
for onsite restore that associate with the new domain. For now on
the current domain, our primary pool is on tapes. A copy tape pool
is send to offsite for DR.
My question is should I use the current copy tape pool or create a
new copy tape pool bind to the new domain. In addition, any suggest
solution for a situation that I have now? I am sorry I am new to
TSM, I hope I explain well the situation we have now.

You can do both. There is something to say for having a dedicated copy
pool for each primary pool hierarchy.

Thanks
Rodney

--