ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Disaster Recovery

2009-06-18 05:45:26
Subject: [ADSM-L] Disaster Recovery
From: madunix <madunix AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:37:47 +0200
I have multiple servers (10 servers, running DB with WEB
application)located in the production site. I want to transfer the
data of these servers from main site to Disaster recovery site, i have
alocated in the DR site also the same servers and same library.To do
this I have started to look at collocation inside the TSM to update
servers in different location. so incase if we need to swap any server
in site A to Site B, The best way I found is to export the latest TSM
backup directly, by use the "export node node name filedata=all
tos=newserver" command, to update the server with actual data, the
boxes are located on different network, for the import and export I
use the network,  in our calculation 1G = 1hour (time import/export)
to back/move/restore the data on different location,as you know by
importing/exporting huge data it will take a lot of time.

What would be your recommendation to transfer 20GB for different
servers from Site A to Site B?

Any input would be really appreciated.

madunix