ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problem with Mac TSM client and new Java

2009-06-17 13:16:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problem with Mac TSM client and new Java
From: Jason Zerdin <jason.zerdin AT OUCS.OX.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:13:57 +0100
Hi,

We had a user with this today on TSM 5.5, and I've recreated the error
on a second machine by upgrading to that version of Java.  So it seems
likely that you're right that it's the Java update.

We're now wondering whether this will affect all Mac clients that have
upgraded to Java 1.5.0_19...

Best wishes,

Jason
--

Dr Jason Zerdin
Systems and Storage Administrator

Gretchen L. Thiele wrote:
I've just run into a roadblock with the TSM gui on
the Macintosh - both v5 and v6 clients. There apparently
was a Java software update (1.5.0_19) that was just
released and I believe it to be causing the problem
with the TSM client.

If you start the GUI, you get an ANS1971E (v6) or
ANS5179E (v5) - both of which state problems with
the remote client agent. I can run dsmc/dsmadmc
manually just fine.

Has anybody else run into this? Can anyone else
verify that the Java update is the problem?
Have seen a link from Penn State that they are seeing
this as well.

Thanks!

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University